Say hi to Spazzkid

I use: My Imagination, Ableton Live, Reason, Fruity Loops, a Dozen plugins and effects, Guitar, Toy Keyboards and my voice
I like
: milk tea, independent and obscure music, taking long walks, good food, learning new stuff and travelling.
My music
: is a mix of stuff that I’d like to hear
I come out
: normal most of the time
I enjoy: listening to music, watching bands that I like, reading stuff I find interesting, watching TV: discovery and national geographic
I haven’t: shaved a few days already
Sometimes: I’m idealistic, but aren’t we all are?
I would really like: to go to Japan, France and Germany someday and experience first hand how the music scene over there is.
I tend to: be really annoying at times
J I have an album hopefully coming out within the year. So please watch out for that


Sheng: Another thing that I’d like to know more about spazzkid,
You have close musical connections with other artists – how do you collaborate and how did you begin working together? Can you list down these people you’ve worked with?

Spazzkid:  Yes, most of these collaborations were sent over online. The wonders of modern technology enables the tech savy musician to send over riffs and sound samples over the internet to a partner in crime who would then arrange or add-into the sent track. Most of the musicians Ive worked with were either a) online friends bound by same musical tastes or b)friends of friends.

Some of the people ive worked with and are currently working with are : Paofario Diaz (of El Mercurio), Eggboy (Diego Mapa ), Owel Alvero (Bandang Shirley), Carlos Tanada (Up Dharma Down), Taken By Cars, FoodShelter and Clothing, Mong Alcaraz (Sandwich), Battle City and several remixes for other artists and bands whose names escape my mind this moment.


Sheng: Thanks mark for sharing us your music and for sparing time to answer our questions. Good luck to you and Cheers!

Spazzkid: thank you very much and congratulations on the job well done! cheers!

Links: myspace
Photos by Pong (ppagong.multiply.com) and pics from Pki! house party

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha. i find it absolutely cool that the picture you used is from the spazz's first ever show, my house no less. fun times.