Meet Evoevolver




Overtune: Hi Evo evolver! How are you?
Evoevolver: Great... Getting a dose of idea overload for so many things, but so little to execute them...

Overtune: Overtune never tires of asking people how they got started with music so, how did you?
Evoevolver: I was exposed to music at a very young age... my father have these collection of tapes, vinyls and the old skool tape -looking things...
and my grandfather is a musician... At high school, I got my first band... we're into opm rock back then, and then came cable TV... MTV really help alot
in discover different types of music.

Overtune: Did you have any musical heroes back then?
Evoevolver: Hmmm... I can say that I'm heavily influenced by rock, Trent Reznor, Marliyn Manson, Billy Corgan, Rob Zombie... That was before I listened to SPAWN:The Movie OST...
That was the start of my musical EVOLUTION...

Overtune: Can you describe us briefly about Evo evolver's music?

Evoevolver: I started Evo Evolver back in 2003, It's very much experimental back then, Fusing rock elements with hip-hop, adding a dark feel on the songs... and I enjoyed making Drum & Bass tunes, But it was all a pass time thing for me before, because I was in a rock band at that time. But now, I can say that my music is mainly into dark drum & bass, Break-beats and little of triphop.

Overtune: What sort of thing are you doing musically at the moment?
Evoevolver: I'm experimenting (again) with my style... trying to be more direct with the ideas that I want to express through my music. And Hopefully I can ues it with my Upcoming release in May 2008. and I'm also producing songs for XTyNA (Vocalist of Flavours & Caffiene), collaborating ideas with JV Muñoz (Cardinal Zen) on our project, Minor syndrome.

Overtune: Do you have any favourite software you like to use for it? Or production gear?
Evoevolver: Now, I'm using Reason for producing music... I'm studying Ableton Live right now, for live perfomances... As for gears, I only got a home PC, a MIDI keyboard, ten fingers and a brain. LOL


Overtune: You've done numbers of music collaborations with others, how was it? Can u name all the projects youve done with?
Evoevolver: Minor Syndrome, with JV, It's all about drum & Bass.
A project With Xtyna,it's into R&B, Hip-hop & Pop.
A collabortion song with Flipperbaby entitled "The Meaning"
A couple of songs with Amethyst,(Happy Andrada) "Right Now" & "Whisper"
An Upcoming song with Nina Beltran of the Ninniskirt & The Dorques entitled "Save Me"
and remixes songs from Demolee, Spazzkid, Acid42, Flavours & Caffiene, Names are for Tombstones, Nine Inch Nails,TATU(?) and many more.

Overtune: What music do you listen to when chilling with your feet up at home?
Evoevolver: Hmmm, Ambient, Lounge, lite Drum & Bass, Pop, Almost anything Except Novelties... No Offense...

Overtune: Any future music release? How can we get a copy of your music?
Evoevolver: Right Now, I got an Upcoming launch with ACID42' QED records, Just google it. And It's for Free. The title of my EP is "Neon City"
And Hopefully, by Next Month, A Compilation Album Entitled "Drum & Bass.PH" with guys like Demolee, Malek, Aljared, Morse, FlipperBaby, Greatest Forces, Spintech...
But for more infos and updates, check myspace.com/evoevolver or evoevolvermusic.multiply.com

Overtune Sheng: Thanks Myke of Evoevolver for sharing us your music.
Its nice meeting you. Don't worry about the "rockers" na nagmamaliit sa electronica. I bet there are plenty out there na hindi kaparehas ng iniisip nila.. :)


Myspace link: Evoevolver



No comments: