Carnival Park



I caught this band off in early 2000 mixtape which I got from a friend. After a few listens I know this band is right up in my alley. I followed their Myspace and Facebook for news, they did a few gigs and for some reason have been quiet for some time until a 3-track Demo for their upcoming album came out. Note that I haven't gotten to see any of their shows. Boo me. Okay, I might need to make a schedule to check them out one day.

Carnival Park's "This Feels like Summer" is totally sounding pop, reminds me of The Sundays on this track. "I Know the Steps to this Dance" song  has an atmosphere which is open with their instruments, mellow and nostalgic. With their songs, I always feel like they will be more enjoyed while lying on your back looking up the clouds before sunset or watching the stars at night.

I think they are currently working on the album coming out soon, I'll certainly be checking their site for updates: Facebook, Bandcamp.

Here's a taste of This Feels Like Summer. Enjoy!

No comments: